Friday, October 30, 2009

Final Thoughts on China

Oct 30th, 2009.

I’m glad to be leaving China. If it wasn’t for the Great Wall and Tiananmen Square I would recommend that no one ever go there. As a whole it’s a dirty place that smells of urine constantly with rude people who constantly say “laowai” (derogatory word of tourist) to your face and make fun of you. Also, Chinese people have this horrible habit of hawking up whatever is in there lungs (probably a lot of pollution and crappy that’s in the air) and spitting it wherever is convenience- usually right next to you if you’re a tourist. It’s disgusting. I remember being shocked two years ago when I was here last by the potty training that parents do with their children. All of the babies wear pants that are completely open in the bottom, and then the child needs to go they are told to squat down and go. We saw one mother actually allow her daughter to pee and poop in the subway on the train. It was unbelievable. We encountered some great people in the hostels in China and made the most of every minute but I am happy to be moving on to new places. Jess and I tried a lot of new foods (okay I’ll admit she was much more adventurous than I was), again we didn’t know what much of the food was. We both agree that Beijing was great for historical sights and that Shanghai was much more metropolitan without much tourist value, it was also cleaner. The best part about China? - The knock off handbags!

That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment