Sunday, October 4, 2009

Up and Running

Hello Friends and Family!

I officially leave in 10 days... and I couldn't be more excited! I have been busy working all summer at the Oarweed and have even picked up a waitressing job at Cove Cafe serving Breakfast. Some days I've been working a total of 15 hours... It will all be worth it when I am on the journey of a lifetime!

During my final days in the states I will be working everyday until the Oarweed closes on Columbus day, saying goodbye to friends and family (thank goodness all of my OGT friends fly in for Columbus day, all of my UNH friend will be taking the trek to Durham for homecoming, and my family is close by), as well as getting my ducks in a row (numerous phone calls, doctors appointments, vaccines, and shopping adventures). I am almost looking forward to my 16 hour plane ride to Tokyo to get some rest and relaxation!

all of the stuff I need to fit into my little backpack!

Well, of course I'm tight on time and need to head to the Oarweed... so that its for today... Sorry the website is still a work in progress. I will spend some time over the next week getting it personalized and look for my posts while I'm traveling. I just got a netbook and will have internet access 24/7 on my trip so I will be keeping everyone up-to-date!


Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment