Monday, February 1, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Dec 24th

Despite the bad start with the plane being a bit delayed I really lucked out. When I boarded the plane there was a child in my seat. The flight attendant moved me up a few rows and I ended up having the whole row to myself, which was wonderful. I fell right asleep. The flight attendant woke me up to make sure my seat belt was fastened and to give me an eye mask and ear plugs which I thought was a nice touch. I quickly fell right back asleep, even ignoring the dinner that they were serving. I didn’t wake up until 6:30am when breakfast was served. I picked at it a little, but was still so tired that I pushed it aside and fell right back to sleep.

I arrived at JFK in NYC at 8am, we were about half an hour delayed but that was fine, because I had plenty of time to kill and would rather be sleeping on the plane than walking around aimlessly.

I got off and went through customs and re-checked my bags. Then realized that I was in the wrong terminal and would need to change. When I did this I had to go through security, which means I dragged the wine that I had bought duty-free though security. I was annoyed b/c I didn’t want to deal with this problem that I had checked on numerous times in Peru. I got the run around, people feeling sorry for me but there was nothing that they could do and so they pointed me to another person to talk too. After about an hour and a half I went back to the American Airlines check in and pleaded with the check-in agent. She was really nice and understanding and gave me a box and we wrapped the wine and both prayed that it wouldn’t break.

I went through security, grabbed a bagel at Au Bon Pain and waited what was supposed to be about an hour for my flight. My flight was delayed because the pilot didn’t show up. I was annoyed. I was so close to home, I had been traveling for three months, and was so exhausted I didn’t know what to do with myself. We waited another hour to get a replacement pilot and took the forty-minute flight from JFK to Boston.

I got off the plane and was so excited to be back in home. I was greeted with big welcome home sign from my mom and dad. As soon as my mom and I started hugging the tears started flowing and we made quite a sight at the airport. I was so happy to be back with them again!

We drove to my grandmother, Mumsie’s, house where I showered and got ready for Christmas Eve. I started feeling really light headed and upset to my stomach after I got out of the shower so I laid down for a few minutes. My mom came to check on me and told me to finish getting ready and as soon as I stood up I threw up. I felt horrible because I called my dad in to clean up the mess. I had been back home for less than an hour and already I was come up with little projects for him to do. Thank goodness I have such a great family! I enjoyed spending Christmas Eve at my cousin Colleens house with the whole family. It was great to be back with the one I love!




Bye for now.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment