Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I WILL Be Back Asia!

Nov 22nd

Today unfortunately was our last day in Bangkok. Oliver surprised us and met us at our hostel this morning. We walked around with him for a while and the three of us got some lunch. Afterwards Jess and I went to BKM shopping center which is a huge mall with 5 or 6 floors with stores selling everything; perfume, name brand clothing, shoes, bags and fake stuff too. The best part about it is that even though they are stores you can bargain because everything is fake. I still don’t quite understand how this is possible since whenever the police come around everything closes up really quickly.

We went back to the hostel and spend a couple hours killing time. I had to buy a small suitcase which Jess offered to take home with her for me. I am so luckily that she offered to do this, its probably saving me $100 worth of shipping charges. I bought a few gifts for people, and a few things for myself. I am really excited about my suitcase purchase because its one of the new ones that the wheels rotate in all directions. I love it! I also bought a “dry-bag” which is very handy when scuba diving or doing water activities like kayaking, I got a really good deal.

We had our last Thai dinner and grabbed our bags and headed to the airport. We took a mini bus which was $100 baht (approx $3USD). The bus was old and rickety and sat 12 people, of course they would squeeze all 12 people in the van. I was again very worried about the luggage which all went onto of the van. The diver even had to jump on top of the van to arrange everything and tie it down.

 

We had a couple hours to kill at the airport so we killed time by walking around, getting a few small last minute items, and changed out money. We both loved Thailand and all of Asia so much. We’re sad to be leaving. I wish Jess didn’t have to go home and that we could travel together a little longer. It will take a total of 45 hours from the time my flight departs Bangkok until I arrive in Rio, it’s going to be a long couple of days for me.

Bye for now.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment