Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life is Easy in Phuket.



Nov 14th

This blogs going to be a short one because the day was filled with leisure and relaxation. We woke up at late after 10:30am, gathered our stuff for the beach and were on our way. The beach is only 2 blocks away so it’s a quick walk. We made a detour at this big mall that is on the way to the beach and went to a Wal-Mart-like store and stocked up on fruit. I got a grapefruit! We grab lunch at Au Bon Pain and were on our way to the beach. We made another quick stop to book an excursion for tomorrow. We will be elephant trekking, which is something that Jess and I have been excited to do since we first started thinking about this trip. We are very excited to actually be doing it! Once at the beach we rented beach chairs for $2.50 USD each which included a nice chair pad and an umbrella (you’d be proud of me mom and dad, I actually sat under the umbrella for a portion of the day!).

 

We enjoyed every moment of our time in the beach! There were plenty of venders who walked up and down the beach selling everything- drinks, ice cream, massages, clothing, designer bags, and jewelry. I have had lots of experience with venders on the beach before and usually get annoyed that they don’t leave you alone. However, on Patong beach the venders were great- you could simply say no or shake your head and they would leave you alone and not pester you. I was pleased that I got to nap and wasn’t woken once by the venders. I was finally able to finish my book- Jess and I traded since she finished hers too.

The water was warm and I enjoyed swimming for a little while. There was also Jet Ski rentals and parasailing right near us. I didn’t partake in any of the activities but I did have a lot of fun watching others take part in the water spots.



We dragged ourselves off of the beach at around 5:30pm and headed back to the hostel to shower. After getting cleaned up we headed to Fuji, a sushi restaurant- of course! We had a great dinner! Jess unfortunately wasn’t feeling so hot and we were both tired and decided to head back to the hostel and rest up for elephant trekking!


That’s all for now!

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment