Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday To Meee!

Dec 8th

We enjoyed sleeping late this morning, we all slept until 1pm. The hotel delivers breakfast to the room but Marita and Ruben had the maids deliver our breakfast to their room so that we could sleep a bit longer and not be woken up by the maids. When we got up we the breakfast which wasn’t extensive but included toast, cinnamon bread, and two slices of ham and cheese. Maria and I showered and got ready for the day. We left the room around 3pm. We walked around the downtown area for over an hour. There was a cute little local artisan market that we poked in and out off. We took lots of pictures with the various wood carvings spread throughout the town. I was on the lookout for a jacket because its very chilly in Chile and I have been freezing. I was very unsuccessful, all of the coats that I somewhat liked were over $200USD which I thought was outrageous, but I guess its because were in a tourist ski area. Just when I had give up all hope and came to the understanding that I was going to be cold for the next week or so I found a nice light blue jacket that was just under $80USD, I bought it and have been much warmer ever since.

 
 



After shopping we jumped in the car and drove to Villarrica volcano which is only about 2 miles away. It was a long drive to the top of the volcano and we stopped several times along the way to take some pictures. When we got to the creator of the volcano we had missed the last tour which was unfortunate. I was shocked at the road leading up to the volcano, it was all dirt and not smooth at all. It was a good thing that we were in an SUV or we may have gotten stuck. On the way down we followed a school but that I was almost certain was going to tip over. Luckily it didn’t but I was very nervous for the kids. Our next stop was along the river where the snow from the volcano melts and runs off the mountain. We hiked all along the river for several hours, we got some great pictures! Our last stop of the day was at the harbor in Pucon to take a couple more pictures. Pucon is really in a nice spot, I can see why the Garcia’s spend a month of their summer vacation here.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


We went back to the hotel and parked the car and grabbed dinner right around the corner from the hotel . We had quite an Italian feast! We shared a bottle of cabernet sauvignon and two pizzas to start. For dinner I had ham and ricotta raviolis in an alfredo sauce and two desserts, a chocolate mousse and a piece of strawberry cake. It was a great birthday celebration! We were all full and exhausted so back to the room we went for a good nights rest.

 


Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment