Monday, December 7, 2009

Rest and Relaxation!

Dec 5th

Today was a day of utter rest and relaxation! I woke up at 2pm. Marita cooked us a wonderful lunch. On Saturdays the Garcia’s typically have chicken, having meat almost every other day of the week. I thought to myself how different the cultures are. At home I have chicken practically everyday and have red meat at most once a week, if not once every two weeks. The chicken was prepared different than I have ever seen it before, but it was delicious, it was kind of a “chicken roll” with thick slices of meat wrapped with ham and thinly sliced carrot with a hard boiled egg. This mixture was rolled and then sliced thin. It was great! For dessert we had a fruit called asocoa (I don’t think that we have it in the USA- or at least I’ve never seen it). Ruben mixed the fruit in sugar and juices and let it sit for 5 months and now its ready to eat. It was also unlike anything that I’ve ever had before. The asocoa was served with cheese to create a “sweet and salty” taste. I was unfamiliar with the asocoa so Ruben googled it for me. He even printed off a picture, but I still don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.

At 3pm Maria and I went to the spa. I got a manicure while she got her legs waxed. The two of us felt great after our pampering. We returned back to the house and both decided to nap since we had such a long night ahead of us. I only was able to sleep for about half an hour. At 10pm we started to get ready for our night on the town… More to come tomorrow!

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment