Monday, December 7, 2009

The Windy City


Dec 4th

I enjoyed a relaxing day today! I spend until 1pm then showered and got dressed for the day. We had lunch at 2:30pm, Marita cooked us the most delicious Milanesas ever! This was one of my favorite dishes that Sofy made for us a couple of times, its really thin pieces of steak that is breaded and there is a layer of salsa and melted cheese. Marita also served salad which was wonderful and for dessert we had more of the delicious chocolate moose with dulce de leche. I played online for a bit after lunch while Maria showered and got ready for the day. I am excited about moving to Colorado shortly after I get back to the states and was able to contact Vail Resorts about a potential job as well as start to talk to Jaki about driving west with me, and potentially Taylor too! It will be a fun road trip if everything goes as planned!

At 5pm Ruben and Maria took me to the river which is a popular place in the summer time. They just recently built a nice cobblestone walkway that is about half a mile. We walked it and took some nice pictures by the water and saw the construction of condos that are in the process of being built. On the walk back we stopped at a small restaurant and got a drink and watched people walk by and enjoyed the nice spring day! Afterwards we drove around downtown and Ruben and Maria showed me everything! We saw the night clubs, La Plaza de las Banderas (Park of Flags) as well as many shops and restaurants. Ruben even stopped at the tourism office and got me a bunch of flyers as well as a map so I can follow where we are going on our Patagonia road trip!

(Walkway by the River)

 
(Maria and I at the River)


(view from the Flag Park)


Afterwards we returned home drank mate and relaxed for several hours. I played with their parrots and loved that they can talk! I tried to teach them English, but it didn’t go over so well. We enjoyed sitting outside, for a while but the wind became very strong and eventually we had to go inside. I am very surprised by Neuquen, I’m not really sure what I imagined it would be like, but it is all desert here and is very dry and windy. When we visited the Park of the Flags Maria pointed out to me how all of the flags were broken and destroyed by the wind. She really doesn’t like the climate here and told me how its awful to walk around, and that dirt always gets in your eyes.



At around 11:45pm I went for a ride with Marita and Maria. We were dropping Juan off at a friends house and they wanted to show me more of the surrounding areas. We went to the province next to Neuquen and it was interested to compare and contrast the two areas. I was also surprised by the nightlife, at 1am we were driving and many people were still sitting outside and having dinner. Maria tells me that the bars get busy after 1am, then around 3:30 or 4am people start moving to the nightclubs for dancing, we’re going to experience it tomorrow night!

After our drive we returned home at 1:30am. Maria and I were a little hungry for Marita warmed up some leftovers for us. I played on my computer and got to bed at around 3am.

Bye for now,
Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment